Input from the Openness community will be crucial for the success of this project. It is a unique opportunity to contribute to shaping future Open Source policies in the EU and beyond. If you are interested in participating in the study, contact Paula Grzegorzewska, responsible for community and expert engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite two groups to collaborate with us on the study:
- The broad community: by broader community we mean anyone who is a part of an Open Source association or company, any Open Source developer, community organiser, or if you would like to get informed or engaged with Open Source policy. You can join our efforts by joining our monthly Open Source Software Community calls during which we discuss current digital policy developments with participants from around the world, share updates about the study and periodically ask for feedback to the broad community. Everyone is welcome to join, our calls happen usually every four weeks on Tuesdays at 17:30 CET time. Feel free to contact us to join.
- The Experts: by ‘Experts’ we mean researchers, academics, and industry experts with several years of experience, governments or broader structures analysing or advocating for Open Source Software or Hardware. More than 50 experts from around the world have joined our Board of Experts for the study as of March 2020. The involvement of experts depends on their availability and is non-binding. If you are interested in joining our Expert Board, please let us know.
We are particularly interested in input on the following subjects:
- taxonomy and market size of Open Source Hardware in Europe;
- good examples in terms of policies supporting OSS and OSH around the world and in Europe;
- ideas and proposals to support European OSS and OSH developments;
- Open Source Hardware specific (policy) subjects and files.
We are very open to ideas here on how OSH developments could be fostered in Europe.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or suggestions.